Places where you can learn how to code
Coding isn’t particularly easy to learn, getting a little code under your belt is an valuable skill, that’s exactly why it’s so valuable for business team. If you have plans to become a web developer, spend a few weeks or month learning to code and I can guarantee it will improve your problem solving skills.
You no longer have to spend countless hours trying to search for in-depth tutorials and resources about coding, thanks to a number of great resources that have recently been put online for free — teaching yourself to code has never been easier.
There many different options to learn, so below, find places you can learn to code.
- Codecademy — Learn to code interactively, for free. Join over 24 million learners from around the globe.
- Khan Academy — Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more.
- Code School — Code School teaches web technologies in the comfort of your browser with video lessons, coding challenges, and screencasts.
- Coursera — Coursera is an education platform that partners with top universities and organizations worldwide, to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free.
- Code.org — Code.org is a non-profit dedicated to expanding participation in computer science by making it available in more schools, and increasing participation by women and underrepresented students of color.
- Udacity — With industry giants — Google, AT&T, Facebook, Salesforce, Cloudera, etc. — Udacity offers Nanodegree programs and credentials, designed so professionals become Web Developers, Data Analysts, Mobile Developers, etc.
- Udemy — World’s online learning marketplace, where 7 million+ students are taking courses in everything from programming to yoga to photography–and much, much more.
- Platzi — Professional courses on web and app development, online marketing, interface design and server admin. With live streaming classes and expert teachers.
- Learnable — More than 50,000 satisfied users have used Learnable to become better developers and designers.
- Thinkful — Advance your career with 1-on-1 mentorship from industry experts.
- BaseRails — BaseRails teaches Ruby on Rails, web scraping, and other technologies through building real projects like Etsy, Yelp, and data scrapers.
- edX — EdX was created for students and institutions that seek to transform themselves through cutting-edge technologies, innovative pedagogy, and rigorous courses.
- Treehouse — Learn by actually building something yourself! By watching our course videos and coding along in Workspaces, our browser-based code editor, you can see the results of your work in real-time.
- One Month — Join over 25,000 students who are building better lives for themselves.
- Code Avengers — Choose from 100 hours of courses with over 1000 coding tasks.
- Open2Study — Open2Study is backed by Open Universities Australia (OUA), an Australian leader in accredited online education.
- SlideRule — Learn in-demand skills. Get mentored by an industry expert.
- Lynda — Learn technology, creative and business skills you can use today.
- SitePoint Premium — A commitment to be the best library for web developers and designers. Instant access to the entire catalogs of SitePoint, A Book Apart and UX Mastery books, with more to come.
This site is ad-free and doesn’t use trackers. If you’d like to support my writing, I’d love if you could buy me a coffee.